LaCie designed the 2big Quadra USB 3.0 desktop drive from the ground up. It features USB 3.0 with UAS compatibility for optimized speeds up to 210MB/s. It also has a new cooling system that is more efficient and 50% quieter than previous generations. The LaCie® 2big Quadra is completely reliable and perfect for intensive content creation, secure backup, or massive desktop storage.
- USB 3.0 speed: Up to 210MB/s
- Quad interface for PC/Mac compatibility
- RAID and hot-swap for speed or security
- Aluminum enclosure and quiet operation
Interface: 1 x USB 3.0 (UAS compatible and USB 2.0 compatible*)
2 x FireWire 800 (9-pin) (FireWire 400 compatible**)
Internal Media Storage: 2 x hot-swappable*** 7200 RPM/32MB cache (or greater) hard disks
Interface Transfer Rate: USB 3.0: 5 Gb/s
FireWire 800: 800 Mb/s
USB 2.0: 480 Mb/s
FireWire 400: 400 Mb/s
Performance Benchmark: USB 3.0: Up to 210 MB/s▲
FireWire 800: Up to 82 MB/s
FireWire 400*: Up to 40 MB/s
USB 2.0: Up to 35 MB/s
Power-Saving Mode: Power down drives without breaking daisy chain connection
RAID Modes: Preconfigured RAID 0
Modes: RAID 0 (Fast) / RAID 1 (Safe)
Easy RAID selection
Security: System monitoring and email alerts for temperature and RAID events
Kensington® lock compatible
Silent Cooling: Aluminum enclosure with heat sink design for 60% better cooling
Quiet, zero-vibration cooling fan
Additional Feature: Launch any application (backup, music, slideshow, etc.) by pushing the front button
Acoustic: Average Value (idle): 21.9 dB
Average Value (stress): 32.3 dB▲▲
Power Supply: 100-240 V; 50/60 Hz
- Latest version of Windows® 7, Windows 8
- Mac® OS X 10.5 (Intel only) or later
- Computer with a FireWire 800, USB 3.0, FireWire 400**, or USB 2.0* port
- Minimum free disk space: 600MB recommended
- LaCie Desktop Manager (controls front LED behavior, shortcut button configuration, Eco mode, and email alerts for temperature or RAID events)
- Genie® Backup Manager Pro for PC
- Intego® Backup Manager Pro for Mac®
* To achieve full interface bandwidth, connect the product to a USB 3.0 port on a computer or device.
** By using a FireWire 400 to FireWire 800 adapter cable (sold separately). To achieve full interface bandwidth, connect the product to a FireWire 800 port on a computer or device.
*** Hot swapping will result in data loss in a RAID 0 array.
▲ These transfer rates were achieved using AJA System Test when connected to a Mac computer via the USB 3.0 interface. Actual data rates may vary depending on operating environment and other factors, such as chosen interface, RAID mode, RAID configuration, and disk capacity.
▲▲ These measurements have been made under normal conditions, one meter/three feet from the front of the product. This value may vary with conditions and product configuration.
When referring to drive capacity, one gigabyte, or GB, equals one billion bytes and one terabyte, or TB, equals one thousand billion bytes. Your computer’s operating system may use a different standard of measurement and report a lower capacity. In addition, some of the listed capacity is used for formatting and other functions and will not be available for data storage.