Sony 50GB Professional Disc™, for optical disc-based recording, utilizes state-of-the art blue violet laser technology to attain high-density recording almost ten times that of a DVD. Professional Disc media holds high resolution video, metadata (including low resolution video) and audio in a randomly accessible format, and can record outstanding picture quality in DVCAM™ or MPEG IMX™ modes, with longer record times, high transfer rates, and flexible workflow.
This small 5" (12cm) single-sided rewritable disc holds up to 50GB of high-density recording, and is encased in a highly durable plastic cartridge that is dust, shock and X-ray proof. A minimum of 1,000 read/write/erase cycles, and 1,000,000 read cycles, is further testament to its durability. Archival life is over 50 years.
The disc's recording material has been specially designed for ultra-sensitivity in handling high 172Mbps transfer rates. Professional Disc is constructed to be compatible with dual optical head recording systems, enabling a maximum writing transfer rate of 172Mbps (using two optical heads), and 86Mbps (using one optical head). The unique combination of extensive recording capacity and high transfer-rate makes the disc ideal for a wide range of broadcast and professional applications - ENG, EFG, high speed video transfer, editing, storage and particularly long, continuous recordings at sporting events or conferences.
- High density recording up to 50GB on a single-layer disc
- High 172Mbps transfer rate (using 2 optical heads) and 86Mbps (using 1 optical head)
- 150 minutes of recording/playback time in 4:2:0 HD1080i at 35Mbps
- 200 minutes of recording/playback time in 4:2:0 HD1080i at 25Mbps
- 265 minutes of recording/playback time in 4:2:0 HD1080i at 18Mbps
- 185 minutes of recording/playback time in DVCAM mode at 25Mbps
- 85 minutes of recording/playback time in DVCAM mode at 25Mbps
- Low 0.0002 raw byte error rate
- 50-year archival/shelf life
- Erase-read-write cycle greater than 1,000 times
- Read cycle greater than 1,000,000 times
- Dust, shock and X-ray proof
- Split-second random access
We use encrypted SSL security so your credit card information is 100% protected, and your personal details are never shared or sold.
Established in 1985
AVD has been around the block, and we've seen formats come and go. We know what works, how it works, and what the best "fit" is for your needs.
Order online or Call! Just add items to your cart, then use our easy checkout process. We'll send you a confirmation email that includes all the details.
100% Satisfaction Guarantee
If you're unhappy for any reason within 30 days, just let us know and we'll do everything that we possibly can to make things right again.
There are no reviews yet.